We’re looking for current students to volunteer as mentors on our ’Young Artivists’ project!
Artivism is the act of combining art with activism. The project works with young people (aged 11-18) from across Scotland to encourage them to develop their artistic knowledge and skills and apply them to discuss issues that they care about. Student mentors will work with small groups of young people to help them complete their challenges as they aim for their Silver and Gold Arts Awards.
- Able to commit to a maximum of 3.5 hours per week between January and May 2022
- Be an enthusiastic, confident communicator who is able to enthuse others
- Have previous experience working with young people
- Have previous experience in one or more art forms (desirable)
- Have previous experience of using Microsoft Teams (desirable)
If you would like to apply to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of your current CV and a statement of up to 300 words detailing how you meet the person requirements by the 28th of January. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions you may have.