Arts All Around – Applications Open

Applications are now open for our new arts award programme ‘Arts All Around’, for young people, delivered in partnership with the University of Edinburgh Heritage Collections.

Part of our last cohort, visiting the University of Stirling Art Collection.

What is it?

Arts All Around is a chance to undertake a Gold Arts Award, a nationally recognised qualification, usually described as a ‘Duke of Edinburgh Award but for the Arts’. A team from the University of Stirling Collections and University of Edinburgh Heritage Collections, alongside student volunteers will lead you through the process in weekly classes. These will be mostly online but will include visits to galleries and artist workshops. The aim of the project is for you to develop your arts practice, gain leadership skills and get some work experience in the arts.

What will I do?

You’ll take part in weekly classes where we will be talking about different arts skills, learning from other artists, learning how to research art, artists and arts organisations and developing your leadership skills. We will also visit exhibitions and do hands-on workshops with practicing artists.

You will also have to practice art and do some work outside of these class times and manage your own schedule to create a folio of work.

Who is it for?

The programme is for young people aged 14-18 who interested in developing their art skills. All costs will be covered by the programme and it is free to participate.

Why should I join?

• Gain a qualification that can count towards extra UCAS points.
  • ·Meet artists from around Scotland.
  • Mentorship from current students.
  • ·Develop art skills.
  • Meet new friends.
  • Gain work experience in the arts.

Previous participants have said…

“I got the chance to meet a local photographer, which inspired me to try a new method called double exposure for my arts challenge. I then did work experience, which was a great chance to experience what it would be lime to be a photographer ‘full-time'”.

Ava

“Having online meetings allowed me to participate from home, which was really great because I live quite rurally and wouldn’t have been able to make it to Stirling or Edinburgh every week. We also got to do in-person visits to exhibitions and workshops which was really great. I liked the flexibility.”

Maddy

How do I find out more?

We have three online information sessions, where project leaders Emma and Laura will be able to answer any questions that you might have about participating. They will be held on;

Tuesday 28th March – 5:30pm

Thursday 13th April- 5:30pm

Friday 21st April- 2pm

Click HERE to book on to one of these. If you can’t make these but would like to find out more, send us an email at art.collection@stir.ac.uk for a chat about the programme.

How do I sign up?

If you’re ready to sign up and take on this new challenge, fill in our application form HERE.

Applications will close on May 1st.

archives Written by: